A few nights ago, Clayton decided that he wanted cookies but we had none in the house so he said he would bake them (this is the man who can’t melt chocolate). Seen as this was a spur of the moment job we had no egg and no chocolate chips so I wondered how he would make them but I left him in the kitchen and just hoped that he wouldn’t set something on fire. I was shocked when I saw and tasted them! Eggless cookies are amazing! They’re the right amount of chewy and chocolatey, even with no chocolate chips in them. Here’s a recipe you could try over the Halloween break.
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 -4 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bread soda
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (180 degrees for a fan oven)
1. Blend on medium-low speed margarine, oil, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water until light and fluffy.
2. Add the remaining water and mix thoroughly.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir.
5. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
6. Grease a cookie tray or use greaseproof paper.
7. Make teaspoon sized balls and place them on the tray.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, varies depending on size and oven.
9. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.