These have been branded ‘my best cupcakes so far’. I must disclaim they are very filling, and after two even I was full.
I will post the two recipes (cupcakes & frosting) separate so that it’s easy to mix and match them with other options.
- 100g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 40g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 120ml Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- .25 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, and line cupcakes tin.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, caster sugar, baking powder, salt and butter until ‘sandy’.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl, before adding to the flour mixture. Mix together util smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
White Chocolate Frosting
- 75g White Chocolate
- 120g Unsalted butter
- 120g Icing Sugar (sieved)
- 30ml Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- .25 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter
- Add the Icing Sugar, slowly
- Quickly stir in the melted white chocolate
- Beat for 2 minutes, until creamy
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat for 1 minute
- Grate some milk chocolate on top. (optional)