This mango yogurt cake with creme fraiche icing is light, moist and absolutely delicious! If you follow me on instagram you will have seen that the evening I baked it I ate so much I got a tummy ache, it’s that good. It didn’t even last 24 hours in our house. Here’s the recipe if you feel like getting your apron out..
- 450g of Glenisk pure original mango organic yogurt
- ²/3 cup olive oil
- 1¼ cup castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 2½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Whisk yogurt, olive oil, sugar and eggs together in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a pre-greased cake tin and bake for 1 hour at 150 degrees
- Allow to cool fully before icing.
CRÈME FRAÎCHE ICING:
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- ²/3 cup of Glenisk organic crème fraîche
- ²/3 cup of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Sieve sugar into a bowl (I didn’t sieve and ended up with lumpy icing – doesn’t look as nice!)
- In a separate bowl which the butter and crème fraîche.
- Add the salt and vanilla to the butter and crème fraîche.
- Add the sugar and mix until the icing can hold it’s shape.
- Spoon onto completely cooled cake.
And it’s that easy! I let Aidan have some for his lunch too…
It definitely went down a treat in this house and I will definitely be making it again soon. Glenisk also have the pure original yogurt (no added sugar) in blueberry so maybe it will be blueberry yogurt cake next week?