The instagram pic of these cupcakes seemed to get everyone’s sweet tooth excited. This is the first time I used yogurt while baking cupcakes but it will definitely be my go to recipe in the future. They were so moist, not too sweet and a little gooey inside – amazing! So get a cuppa and enjoy these yogurt chocolate chip cupcakes…
- 1¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup Glenisk low fat organic vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Line 12 cupcake tin with liners. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and yogurt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, slowly and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cupcake case ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes
- Dust with icing sugar, for decoration.
And it’s just as easy as that! The hardest part is allowing them to cool – but if you don’t they will all stick to the cases so the longer you wait the easier it is to eat them! Aidan also gave them a little try…
If you do give them a try be sure to tag me on instagram (@_ellenokeeffe) or twitter (@_ellenokeeffe) I would love to see how they turn out. Enjoy!