Since having Aidan I have become aware of the many, many differences between adults and children. Dinner time can be one of the most traumatic experiences in a baby’s day. Here are the 5 stages that we go through at dinner time…
1. Hanger – when the hunger hits a child it must feel like they haven’t eaten for days because they scream bloody murder.
2. The Refusal – present dinner and then the child point blank refuses to eat it. No matter what you present them with they object for up to 15 minutes, why?
3. Consumption – finally giving it to their starvation they begin to eat.
4. Completion – After consuming what they decide to be an appropriate amount they proceed to throw the remains onto the floor (or their clothes).
5. Scavenging – crawling around to resume eating the pieces they have earlier thrown onto the floor. Do not interfere at this stage – their wild animal side really shines through!