There are more flapjacks consumed in my house than hot dinners I think. Anytime I make these they are lucky to last 24 hours before being devoured. I thought I would share my super easy, but slightly messy recipe for chewy chocolate chip flapjacks.
200g of butter
200g of sugar
6oz of golden syrup
400g of porridge oats
*Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius*
1. Melt the butter in a pot over a medium heat.
2. When fully melted add the sugar and syrup and mix well – until all sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the porridge oats and stir until completely mixed.
4. *optional* Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc and again mix well.
5. In a greased 6×6 baking tin, pour your mixture and ensure it is evenly spread.
6. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool completely before cutting. (It will be soft to touch when removed from oven).
8. Cut and enjoy!